Tuesday, November 1, 2016

CATUC Students and Matriculation Mass Celebration



Hello friends,

Classes have now started at the Catholic University of Cameroon, Bamenda (CATUC) and I am truly enjoying meeting so many of the students!  Despite the difference in culture and multiple decades since I completed my undergraduate degree, many of the challenges are basically the same.  Seeing the bright and hopeful faces of these students brings a huge smile to my face and I feel myself wanting to serve them in whatever way God is calling me to.  Just the other day we had our Matriculation Mass and since our office had been involved in preparing several of the students for the readings and petitions, I felt so proud of them as they accomplished their parts.  I kind of felt like a beaming mother hen with her chicks, heehee.

I must also share how inspired I am to see so many students consistently come to daily Mass during their lunch hour.  I am not so sure that when I was a college student I would have sacrificed my lunch hour to go to Mass.  I have a feeling I would have been led by my hungry stomach!

Peace and prayers to all, and a request to keep the CATUC students in your prayers as this academic year begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment